Embassy of Finland, Tel Aviv: Current Affairs: News
EMBASSY OF FINLAND, Tel Aviv
P.O. Box 9101
6109002 Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel. +972-3-745 6600
The Embassy of Finland announces a vacancy for the position of First Driver / Office Services Attendant
The Embassy of Finland in Tel Aviv is looking for a full-time First Driver / Office Services Attendant to start working in January 2017.
Main duties / responsibilities:
- Drive the Ambassador, other Embassy staff and guests to various appointments, events and functions as requested
- Receive officials at airports and follow pre-agreed programmes
- Ensure technical service and maintenance of the vehicles, technical maintenance of office equipment
- Dispatching of official documents to MFA and other governmental offices
- Handling Embassy mail and running other official errands for the Embassy and diplomatic staff
- Handling and coordinating issues relating to maintenance of the office and the residence, rental apartments
- Keeping order and enough supply of the office storage
- Any other ad hoc assignments as required
- Successful completion of relevant studies
- Excellent, disciplined and safe driving
- Familiarity with routes in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and other areas of Israel
- Time management skills
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Ability to carry out and follow-up on the assigned tasks independently
- Team work spirit and customer service attitude, good co-operation skills
- Flexibility in working hours, ability to work extra hours when necessary, including if necessary at Sabbath and other holidays
- A valid driving licence, a clean driving and criminal record
- Experience in professional driving, preferably for another Embassy
- Good verbal and written skills in Hebrew and English
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrating integrity by modeling the Embassy´s values and ethical standards
- Displaying respect for people of all cultures, gender, religion, nationality and age
Applicants should submit an informal cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com by 27 November. Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employement is subjected to obtaining the required security clearance.
The contract is for two years, including a probation period, with an option for renewal. Salary is to be determined based on the applicant´s experience and abilities.
The Embassy of Finland is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications.